English - Writing
Our Writing curriculum aims to provide all children with the skills, knowledge and understanding they need in order to:
- Acquire a wide vocabulary
- Acquire an understanding of grammar and knowledge of language.
- Develop the physical skills necessary for transcription, including spelling and handwriting.
- Form, articulate and communicate ideas in speech and writing, and then organise them coherently for a reader.
- Write for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences, adapting their language and style as necessary.
- Develop an active imagination through reading, discussion and drama.
- Develop a love of literature and to appreciate a variety of rich and diverse literature.